January 8, 2010

Video: Longing for a Simpler Time

Although I am history enthusiast, I have never once longed to live in a time other than my own.  In fact, I've never quite understood those who want to go back to the "simpler time" of the Victorian era.  Before germ theory?? Before Antibiotics?? I don't quite get it.

Luckily, The Daily Show agrees with me, and produced this hysterical segment which beautifully illustrates my point.  It features Great Depression Cooking star Clara Cannucciari recounting her tough times in the 1930s (try the Poor Man's Meal! It's delicious!).

I think we need to appreciate the time that we live in, while keeping the past in our hearts and minds.

Enjoy.


The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Even Better Than the Real Thing
www.thedailyshow.com

Daily Show
Full Episodes

Political Humor
Health Care Crisis